Pages

home profile party links featured

Mar 14, 2012

Pinterest Project - The Good, Bad and Ugly



The good:  I love blue, green and anything in between.  When I saw these sea glass mosaic trays on Pinterest, I knew I wanted to make one.




The cast of characters:  Acrylpro, Pre-Mixed Grout, sea glass and a white painted tray.

The bad:  I had a huge bag of sea glass; however, when sorting through the glass, I found only a small amount that would work for this project.  Some of the glass was way too thick and uneven to be used in a tray.  Therefore, I had wide spaces between the glass, and I filled in with the round glass buttons.


The ugly:  Ok, maybe it's not ugly, but it didn't turn out as I had envisioned.

What I'd do different next time:  I would use regular tiles and sprinkle the sea glass throughout (like the second photo).

I'm linking to:

Hi Sugarplum! - The Pinterest Challenge (Featured)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Well you can't blame a gal for trying..and most projects never work out the first time as we vision. I'm sure if you were to do it again it would be just as you wanted..but, I think it looks beautiful. A+ for a good job..

Cassie Bustamante said...

i think it looks beautiful! maybe it is not what you had in mind exactly, but it still looks lovely.

Connie @ Salvage Savvy said...

Well, it looks good to me, but I know exactly how you feel! I always envision perfection before beginning a project and then force myself to adjust to real life which is never as good as my dream world :-) I love how you decorated your tray too!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Well I'm no expert but I think this turned out great. I have never, in recent memory, had a project end up like I expected! Isn't that part of the fun? (Just kidding.) Have a good weekend and Happy St. Patrick's Day Katie!

Kellie Collis said...

What lovely finds! Have a gorgeous day, Kellie xx

Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

I know that feeling :). You have a vision in your mind for how you think it will turn out. I'm sure the second time around it would be just right. Happy weekend.

courses en ligne said...

I like this designs in the glass and pinterest.It look with different colours like blue,green,white.Really good project.

Unknown said...

It still turned out really pretty! I love your little glasses with the starfish!
Lauren

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

It's so pretty, Katie! And you know I love all things blue...and sea glass is especially pretty!

Designing Domesticity said...

Looks lovely in the photos, but I know what you mean. if you have in your mind, one thing and it turns out differently, it can be hard to manage your expectations! Thanks for sharing, liz