Pages

home profile party links featured

Dec 16, 2011

Christmas Reflections


I started decorating for Christmas a few weeks ago.  I set out candles, silver and pine cones; that's as far as I got with the decorating when I got the news that my brother had passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack.  He was 52.  It kind of knocks the wind out of you.  I feel like I'm moving through quicksand.



I was going to get out some more decorations today, and I just couldn't.  So I decided to take photos of what I have and post it.


I know these photos won't win any prizes, but it's been weeks since I took any photos or posted to my blog, and I enjoyed the process again.  I've missed it.


I love Christmas.  I'll just be celebrating in a quiet, reflective way this year.




That's Smokey Bear curled up in the sunshine on his cat tree.  He has the best seat in the house.

Christmas blessings to you and yours.

I'm linking to:

Nesting Place

15 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Katie, I am so sorry for your loss. Your brother was so young. I will keep you and all your family in prayer, this is such a very difficult time. God Bless and may the Lord keep His arms around you tightly. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear your sad news-thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Cassie Bustamante said...

katie you already know i am thinking of you and wishing you peace this holiday season. take care of yourself and your family.

Connie @ Salvage Savvy said...

I'm so sorry Katie. My heart is breaking for you. I'm praying for a peace that passes understanding for you and your family during this difficult journey you have begun.

lindaharre said...

So so sorry to hear of your loss!!!! I love the simple decor you have up and believe that a quiet reflective Christmas is something we can all use at times:D

Twice Nice said...

God Bless Katie.

Anonymous said...

Your desk in from of the giant mirror is really fabulous! Wishing you comfort in your time of sadness!

Jeanine said...

Katie I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. I lost a sister 16 1/2 yrs ago, I understand how you are feeling. May the quiet reflective Christmas bring you peace and the Lord will surround you with His Love.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Glad to see you're back. Loss is difficult at any time but seems to be magnified around the holidays. Just breathe. God is watching over you...and your brother is too. Happy Christmas Katie...

Ivy and Elephants said...

I am so sorry for your lost. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May God's love keep you, and give you the strength you need to carry on.
Blessings,
Patti

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that you're not alone this season. Thank you for being brave and doing something (posting pics) you enjoy anyway. We're not here to win awards, just to share in each others lives, whatever is going on. Many blessings to you!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Katie, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. I loss one of my brothers a decade ago. He was even younger. Your quiet reflective Christmas is beautiful. My prayers are with you.

My Beautiful World said...

So sorry to hear your news my thoughts are with you, I lost my sister to cancer this time last year it does rip your heart out. Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012

Always Wendy

Kahli said...

Oh no Katie! Your brother was so young! :). May god be with you and your family at this time. My prayers are with you.

Miss Charming said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. I wish you a very meaningful Christmas.