Pages

home profile party links featured

Nov 13, 2011

Dresser for Habitat Heros


This dresser will be donated to Goodwill as my contribution to the Habitat Heros challenge to donate a refinished piece of furniture to charity.


I painted this dresser in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  The first coat was painted with a custom mix of blues; I wanted the blue to show through the distressing.  The second coat was painted with Paris Grey.  The final step was a coat of  the soft wax in clear.  The hardware was sprayed with a light coat of Rustoleum Satin Nickel.


The dresser before.  I did sand portions of the dresser because there were a ton of stickers on the sides.  Let's finish with another photo of the after.


Reminder:  You can still link up to Habitat Heros until November 20.  On November 21 one lucky participant will be randomly selected to win the following:

Anthropologie $30 gift card
Fabric.com $25 gift card
Hobby Lobby $30 gift card
Target $30 gift card

Thanks for visiting!

I'm linking to:

You are Talking Too Much - Monday Link Party
TUESDAY
A Bowl Full of Lemons - One Project at a Time 
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia - Tuesday's Treasures
Shades of Amber - Chalk Paint Party

Sweet Little Gals - Turquoise Lovin' Party
WEDNESDAY
A Beach Cottage - Good Life Wednesday 
Beyond the Picket Fence - Under $100 Linky Party
DIY by Design - Fall into Fall
Domestically Speaking - Power of Paint Party
Faded Charm - White Wednesday
Handy Man Crafty Woman - Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Primitive and Proper - Piece of Work Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday Link Party
Restore Interiors - Restored It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday

Three Boys - Vintage Furniture

THURSDAY
House of Hepworths - Hookin Up with HOH

FRIDAY
2805 - Potpourri Friday

Addicted to Decorating - Addicts (not so) Anonymous Party
At the Picket Fence - Inspiration Friday
Chic On A Shoestring – Flaunt It Friday
Common Ground - Vintage Inspiration Friday 

Designer Garden - VIP Party
Faith, Trust and a Little Pixie Dust - Fabulous Friday Linky Party

Finding Fabulous - Frugalicious Friday
French Country Cottage - Feathered Nest Friday

Miss Mustard Seed - Furniture Feature Friday 
Modern Country Style - Paint Please Link Party
My Repurposed Life - Catch as Catch Can Party
My Romantic Home - Show And Tell Friday
Redoux - What Have You Redone
Simple Home Life - Simply Creations 
The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday
Through a Photographer's Eyes - Favorite Photo of the Week

SATURDAY
Funky Junk Interiors
 

MONTHLY
Beneath My Heart - Best DIY Project of the Month

Thrifty Decor Chic - Before and After 
 

25 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

What a beautiful donation. You are a hero Katie.

Cassie Bustamante said...

you know i love that color! and a perfectly beautifu piece to be donated! :)

Maggie Lamarre said...

oh the colour are beautiful and luv the redo.
Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting week!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Deanna said...

This sure changed the look for the furniture. Like it!

I'm stopping by from bnotp and hope you'll pop in at my place sometime at HomeHaven.

Like what you have done,
d

AudreyO said...

Wow I am so impressed with what you were able to do. I love the new piece.

Kahli said...

I freaking love this dresser! That color is amazing! And the hardware too!

pam {simple details} said...

Wow! My first time visiting your blog, what a beautiful job you've done all the furniture!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Beautiful color and how nice to give back.

Elaine said...

Some lucky Goodwill shopper is going to snap this up in a second! It turned out to be such a pretty piece of furniture! I LOVE the hardware! Very sweet of you to donate it!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh I agree what a great job you have done! I am new to your blog and am so glad that I found it!!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

I always see furniture like that at thrift stores (so ugly!), but now after seeing its potential, I'll have to give them a second look!

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a fabulous job you did on this dresser. Now, anyone would be proud to own it. (Me!)
It's a wonderful donation, and you are a kind soul.
Hugs,
Patti

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I had a dresser almost exactly like this one growing up as a girl. I don't know what happened to it. I loved it though...your redo is marvelous as always. I never tire of seeing what you can do with a can of paint.

Susan Freeman said...

What a lovely dresser and what a dear soul you are!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

A Vintage Vine said...

That will be such a nice piece to donate! Thanks for helping to host this and I am really enjoying your blog!

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Love it - so simple and elegant and a fab shade!

P.S. Today's my blogiversary, and I'm hosting my first-ever giveaway!

http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com/2011/11/blogiversary-giveaway.html

Decorating the Ville said...

Very pretty, love the after!!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Katie, What a pretty dresser and you are so sweet to donate it. I am sure someone grabs it up quickly. Thanks for linking to the Open House Party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Karisa Carter said...

This is simply beautiful!!!

gifts for men said...

I just wanted to come by and say Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, It's fun to see a new post. Good luck and hope you make a lot of new friends.

Artsy VaVa said...

What a great makeover! Whoever buys it will be lucky to have it in their home!

andrea@townandprairie said...

I can't believe she used to be such a horrible shade of yellow! The grey is so clean and modern. A complete 180 on this one, Katie! Zero to hero! Great job on your work,too, for Habitat Heroes! andrea@townandprairie

Small Holdings Farm said...

Beautiful job on the dresser....what a transformation. I love that you're donating it. A person after my own heart. I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back to get in on my driftwood sailboat give-a-way. Sherron
http://smallholdings.blogspot.com

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Katie, you did a beautiful job on this transformation. This will make some lucky family so happy!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

PS - I'm featuring this piece at my party tonight.